YouTube has always been the favorite platform of people for streaming videos. It has now launched YouTube TV to watch all your TV series on any of the compatible devices like Android, smart TVs, Xbox consoles, etc. Almost all smart devices support YouTube TV and a benefit of using YouTube TV is that you don’t need to get a cable TV connection to watch your TV shows after that.
You can watch all your favorite TV shows on YouTube TV and get unlimited fun on that. But many users are complaining about getting YouTube TV error code 3 these days on their device’s screen stopping them from streaming their favorite content. If you are also here to know why this error code is showing and ways to resolve it then let’s proceed together in the article.
Reasons Behind Getting YouTube TV Error Code 3
While streaming the content on any of the compatible devices for YouTube TV, users are getting this error code on their screen. In this section we will discuss the reasons behind getting the error code 3 message on the screen:
- Poor internet connection: lack of a good network for internet connection could be the cause for the error code 3 YouTube TV.
- YouTube TV app issue: there may be chances that the app is not properly launched on your device. Try relaunching it.
- Incompatible device: if you are trying to use YouTube TV on any incompatible device, then also you’ll get this error.
- An issue with your device: sometimes your device gets some internal damage and can’t launch any app properly. Waiting or restarting could help.
- App server is down: the app needs maintenance and sometimes the server gets down due to this. Waiting a few minutes will resolve it automatically.
After knowing the reasons behind getting error code 3 YouTube, let’s now move forward to see the ways to resolve it.
Ways to Fix the YouTube Error Code 3 Issue
Here we have defined 5 different ways, using which can easily resolve the error code 3 YouTube issue. Let’s have a look at them:
1). High-speed internet connection: As we already have discussed, if you are facing internet glitches, it can cause errors. Then try reconnecting it in the following ways:
- Disconnect your device from the internet and connect it again.
- Restart your router. It will refresh your internet connection.
- Ethernet users can remove the cable wire from the system, and after waiting for a few minutes detach it.
If These steps fail to catch good internet speed, then contact the service provider and ask for a steady connection.
2). End all unwanted background apps: to free up the RAM, clear all unused apps running in the background:
- Open the task manager window by using the key combination: ctrl + shift + Esc.
- Go to the Processes tab, right-click on the apps that you are not using, and click on the End Task option.
- Repeat it with all unwanted background processes.
- If done then try opening YouTube TV again and see if YouTube tv something went wrong or not.
3). Technical glitch in the app: any technical glitch can be easily resolved by restarting the app and device. First, try the app, if it works then go ahead otherwise try restarting your device.
4). Server check: if the server of the YouTube app is down for maintenance purposes then we can’t resolve it on our part. Wait for a few minutes will automatically resolve it. But we can check if the server is down or not by visiting downdetector.com
5). Clear browsing history, cache, and cookies: if nothing works, then this option would do something:
- Open Chrome on your device
- In the address field type this chrome://settings/privacy and press enter.
- Go to the Privacy and Security page, and click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Tick the checkboxes for browsing history, cookies and other site data, cached images and files, etc. Hit the Clear Data button after that.
- Repeat the same process for other browsers as well if needed to clear the data for the smooth running of YouTube TV.
This method can also fix the something went wrong issue on YouTube, so it’s a useful method that you should remember.
YouTube TV error code 3 can easily be resolved in the ways provided in the article. Patience is required for such things as technological glitches that require a few minutes to get resolved.